Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sweet Nothings.

I used to bake. I used to bake a lot. It was calming when I needed it. I closed the kitchen door, turn on some music, and I just get in this zone. Cakes, cookies, whatever. I just wanted to bake. But the past few years, I haven't been baking as much. Every now and then, here and there, some cupcakes. But the feeling wasn't the same. I guess there just seems to be too many interruptions that present themselves when I bake now. Like my mom is in the kitchen with me and she always has to have a say in how I do things, as moms do.
Maybe it's because I haven't been as stressed as I used to be. I'm not like super depressed all the time and constantly in need of temporary solace. But I want to change this. I don't like associating baking with means of solace! I'm gonna start baking again. But I'm one of those bakers that bake for the sake of baking, I don't usually eat it. Haha. Taking request :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

get some sugar pearls and decorate some cupcakes!

Bryan said...

Lets have a baking date! I suck at baking. Can you make me chewy chocolate chip cookies?!